Manage Your Account and Library
Note: If you already subscribe to CMHC products, you are all ready to start! Use your registered email and password to log in.
Registration with the Housing Market Information Portal allows you to:
- Save your favourite housing data to your library.
- Subscribe to be notified when new data in your library is made available.
How to Register
Log in screen and link to registration.
- Click on Log in to expand the log in and registration options box. Click on Not registered? Sign up today! It's free! to create your new account.
- Review and accept the terms and conditions specific to registered users. Fill out the and submit the registration form using these registration tips.
- Confirm your e-mail address and registration by clicking the confirmation link emailed to you.
Once registered and logged in, you can make changes to your account at any time. Click on your name in the black bar to access your Library and other account settings.
Click on Personal Data and use this form to update your personal information at any time. Our registration tips can help you understand how to enter information on our form. Once you have made the required updates to your personal information, click on the Save button at the bottom of the page.
Select Change Password to change your reset your password at any time. Please do not forget to change your password hint when you change your password.
- Your password must be between 6 and 8 characters long.
- Passwords are not case sensitive.
- The first character in your password cannot be ! or ?.
- The first three characters of your password cannot be identical.
- Your password cannot contain spaces.
Enter a word or a phrase that will help you remember your password. Your password hint cannot contain your password. In the event you forget your password, you may click on the Forgot Your Password link in the log in screen and your password hint will be e-mailed to you.
When you are finished changing your password information, click on the Submit button to update your information.
You can log out at any time by clicking on the logout link. Logging out of your session helps to protect your private information.
Select My Library to see a list of all data types that you have elected to save or to subscribe to. Each data type, Overview reports, Compare Lists, Tables and Publications, is organized into a table. From your Library page, you can edit data titles, remove or add subscriptions or delete items from your library.
Sample My Library page.
Edit and customize any data tile by clicking on the edit icon found in the same row as that title. The title field will now become editable. Type in the desired new title and hit Done.
To quickly subscribe or unsubscribe to any of your data, click on the subscribe icon found in the same row as the data title you are editing. A blue envelope indicates that you are subscribed to the item in that row. A faded blue envelope indicates that you are not subscribed to that item.
Immediately remove any data item from your library by clicking on the delete icon found in the same row.